Monday, November 28, 2011

Pumpkin Bread



Felt like doing another pumpkin recipe today, as a test run for my new camera and pretty much also because I feel like I'm the only food blogger on the entire blogosphere to not have done a post on pumpkin bread yet. Just telling y'all ahead of time: this bread is seriously addictive. I found myself consuming about half a loaf today, no joke. The taste of pumpkin is nicely rounded out with spices and sweetness.
This classic pumpkin bread can be made even better with cream cheese filling; will definitely add that next time!


RECIPE: (from allrecipes.com) yields 3 loaves
*3 cups pumpkin puree
*1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
*4 cups sugar (I usually only use 2-3 cups)
*6 eggs
*4 3/4 cups flour
*1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
*1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
*1 1/2 teaspoons salt
*1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnammon
*1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
*1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves

PREPERATION:
1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit
2.) Mix together vegetable oil, pumpkin, eggs, and sugar
3.) In a seperate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnammon, nutmeg, and cloves. Combine with wet ingredients
4.) Bake in 3 greased and lightly floured pans for 45 minutes to 1 hour; the bread should lightly spring back when pressed






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing each and every one of your pieces of feedback!