Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cilantro Lime rice





I had some leftover rice from yesterday, so I decided to make some cilantro lime rice (as the title implies.) This classic recipe has become quite well-known to anyone who has been to a Chipotle burrito place. The acidic hint of lime is balanced out with the softer tones of cilantro, and the whole thing is just delicious. My little brother loves this recipe as much as he loves Chipotle (which is a LOT) and I make it whenever I feel like adding a little zing to my plain rice but am tired of regular greasy fried rice.

It makes a great complement to a burrito as well as a nice side dish, and can be served on it's own as well. Of course, I had to check out how the original recipe went from the source itself at chipotlefan.com, and found the ingredients to be super simple. Pretty much just throw in whatever you want, just keep a watch on the lime juice because a little goes a long way on that front.

RECIPE: (from the original source)
*1 teaspoon vegetable oil or butter
*2 tsp. fresh cilantro
*2/3 cup white basmati rice (pretty much any rice will do)
*1 cup water
*1/2 teaspoon salt
*1 Lime










PREPERATION: (If you have pre-cooked rice like I did, just stir-fry everything in a skillet)
1.) In a 2-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil or butter over low heat, stirring occasionally until melted.
2.) Add rice and lime juice, stir for 1 minute.
3.) Add water and salt, bring to a full rolling boil. At boiling, cover, turn down to simmer over low heat until rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 25 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing each and every one of your pieces of feedback!