Friday, September 30, 2011

Best basic chocolate chip cookies




Chocolate chip cookies are such a perennial favorite and American classic, possibly one of my favorite desserts. There's just something about a cookie fresh from the oven, with little pockets of chocolatey perfection embedded in the buttery dough. They are also very hard to stop eating once you've started.
I've been making these cookies for a while now, and have found the recipe to be nearly perfect. They are a definite crowd pleaser and a family favorite, and I always make them for my little brother's teachers.

Also another great (though guilty) thing about chocolate chip cookies:




The dough! Frozen cookie dough? Such a comfort food, and always great to have on hand for a quick guilt trip or for the kids to make themselves.

RECIPE: (Batch of 4 dozen cookies)
*1 cup butter, softened
*1 cup white sugar (I usually use half a cup)
*1 cup packed brown sugar
*2 eggs
*2 teaspoons vanilla extract
*3 cups all-purpose flour
*1 teaspoon baking soda
*2 teaspoons hot water
*1/2 teaspoon salt
*2 cups chocolate chips (To really get it mixed well and have chocolate chips in every bite, I like to add an extra 1/2 cup)
* 1 cup walnuts (I substituted macadamian nuts because I like them better)

PREPERATION:
1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit
2.) Cream together butter and sugar
3.) Beat eggs and stir in with vanilla
4.) Dissolve baking soda in hot water and add in with eggs and vanilla
5.) Whisk in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts
6.) Dollop onto ungreased pans
7.) Bake for about 10 minutes or until cookies are nicely brown around the edges

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing each and every one of your pieces of feedback!