Friday, July 15, 2011

Banana Muffins

Still sticking to my all-natural resolution, though the not-eating-meat part has given me some difficulty. If God didn't want us to eat meat, why'd he make it taste so damn good? It's a dark and gloomy day, and a thunderstorm is raging outside right now, so I thought the wonderful aromas of baking might cheer me up a bit. I baked super-easy banana-walnut muffins today using using a recipe from catcancook.com , which is a great site for simple and easy to make but delicious dishes and desserts. I'm sure many of you have heard of her famous banana muffins, but it can't hurt to read about it again!


(I apologize for the poor lighting; my brother's colossal head was in the way and there's a thunderstorm boing on)
 RECIPE: Makes 12 muffins
*3 or 4 Large bananas, mashed (the more bananas the moister, so I use 4)
*1/2 cup white sugar (original recipe calls for 1 cup, but I don’t like them too sweet)
*1 slightly beaten egg
*1/3 cup melted margarine or butter
*1 teaspoon baking soda
*1 teaspoon baking powder
*1/2 teaspoon salt
*1 1/2 cups flour

PREPERATION:
1.) Mix the mashed banana, sugar, egg and margarine together. Set aside.
2.) In a separate bowl, mix together baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour.
3.) Mix wet and dry ingredients all together!
4.) Pour into greased muffin tins, and bake in 350 degrees F oven for approximately 20 minutes.

*These are much more flavourful the next day, and they freeze very nicely too!
You can add a handful of walnuts (or any kind of nuts, really) or chocolate chips if you like. I added some walnuts and almonds, because we ran out of chocolate chips. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing each and every one of your pieces of feedback!